8th grade Vocabulary List
- Arbitrary-adjective. based on random choice or personal whim
- Confluence-noun. an act or process of merging
- Egregious-adjective. outstandingly bad; shocking
- Inadequate-adjective. lacking the quality or quantity required; insufficient for a purpose.
- Cohort-noun. a group of people banded together or treated as a group
- Autonomous-adjective. acting independently or having the freedom to do so
- Thwart-verb.prevent (someone) from accomplishing something
- Diffuse-verb. spread or cause to spread over a wide area or among a large number of people.
- in-Latin root. “In, on, or not.”
- Inconsequential-adjective. not important or significant
All 3 assignments are due on Friday, October 19, 2018
(I am Malala, Malala Yousafzai)
Why did Malala’s family move the TV into the closet?
How did life change for girls in Swat after the Radio Mullah began to broadcast messages?
What did Malala’s father write to the Taliban in the newspaper after Fazlulluah came to power?