1. intensify-verb. to make or become stronger or more extreme
2. justify-verb. to prove or show to be just, right, or reasonable
3. parallel-adjective. like or similar parts
4. quest-noun. a search
5. contribute-verb. to give or supply for a common purpose
6. immigrate-verb. to enter and to settle in a new country
7. shifting-adjective. changing attitudes, judgments, or emphasis
8. scuffle-verb. to struggle at close quarters with disorder and confusion
9. whimper-verb. to make a low whining or broken sound
10. dispossess-verb. to deny someone possession of something
All 3 assignments are due on Friday, February 23, 2018 for a homework grade.
What might have happened if Mrs. White had opened the door before her husband made his final wish? Use 5 vocabulary words in your response.
What is the theme of “The Monkey’s Paw”? How might it apply to real people’s lives?
Why do characters in the world of horror “always meet with something awful when the go where they shouldn’t”? Use 5 vocabulary words in your response.
Review your vocabulary words.